Today i was looking to copy the VHD from one account to another account (user) . i was looking for the powershell option then i found the AzCopy was useful
Here is steps to do that
Download and install AzCopy
- Download the latest version of AzCopy, or the latest preview version.
- Run the installation. By default, the AzCopy installation creates a folder named
%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft SDKs\Azure\(on a machine running 64-bit Windows) or
%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft SDKs\Azure\(on a machine running 32-bit Windows). However, you can change the installation path from the setup wizard.
- If desired, you can add the AzCopy installation location to your system path.
- Synchronously copy files in Azure File Storage
With the new option /SyncCopy in 4.1.0-Preview version, user can copy files from File Storage to File Storage, from File Storage to Blob Storage and from Blob Storage to File Storage.
AzCopy /Source:https://myaccount1.file.core.windows.net/myfileshare1/ /Dest:https://myaccount2.file.core.windows.net/myfileshare2/ /SourceKey:key1 /DestKey:key2 /S /SyncCopy To get the key in Azure portal
- In the Management Portal, click Storage, and then click the name of the storage account to open the dashboard.
- Click Manage Keys.Manage Access Keys opens.
- To copy a storage access key, select the key text. Then right-click, and click Copy.