Today I had an issue For one of our customer. They had implemented the Google analytics tracking code in their website and they have so many sub domain which they want to track in main domain GA profile Id. They had implemented the Ga code properly and also used _gaq.push([‘_setDomainName’, ”]);, but the problem is the sub domain is still capture as new visit.
when I check the problem it simple they forget to change the subdomains option in the GA profile settings page. it need to be like this
After I changed this also it was not working. because they had added “.”(dot) before the domain. For example if you want to capture the sub domain for elamparuthi.com. we need to set it like this
I used GA debugger chrome extension to debug this. it’s really nice tool.You can download it from here